Legal & Privacy Statement
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF ACTELION’S WEBSITEAny use of this website is subject to the following terms, conditions and applicable law. Your access to and browsing of this website implies your agreement to all such terms, conditions and applicable law. If you do not agree to any of these terms, conditions and applicable law, you may not use this website. Therefore, we urge you to read the following terms and conditions carefully prior to using this website. Please note that Actelion may revise or terminate these terms and conditions for any reason at any time and without further notice. Therefore, as you are bound by any such amendments, you should periodically visit this page to review the then valid terms and conditions.
1. Non-commercial and personal use onlyUnless explicitly stated otherwise, this website is protected by copyrights. Therefore, you may download, electronically copy, print or display any information included in this website for non-commercial and personal use only. The distribution, modification, transmission or use of any data of the website (including images, text, graphics, video etc.) for public or commercial purpose is expressly prohibited. Any exception requires the prior written consent of Actelion. However, Actelion does not warrant or represent that your use of any information contained in this website will not interfere with rights of a third party.
2. Copyrights, trademarks and other property rightsThe copyrights, trademarks, patents, proprietary information, products or other property rights included in or referred to on this website (the “Rights”) are the exclusive property of Actelion or other respective owners that have granted Actelion the right and license to use such Rights. No license to or right in any of the Rights is granted to or conferred upon you.
3. Linking and framingLinks to this website are only permitted to the homepage. Deep-linking is not permitted. In addition, hot-linking, in-line linking, framing of this website or any other method of incorporating parts of this website in your website or the website of a third party is equally prohibited. Any exception requires the prior written consent of Actelion.
5. User chat rooms / User participationWhile Actelion is under no obligation of any kind to monitor or review any chat rooms, bulletin boards or other similar areas on the website as well as the content of any such communications, Actelion may do so occasionally. Actelion does not take any responsibility or liability associated with the content of any such communication platforms, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, trademarks, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. You are explicitly prohibited from transmitting or posting any unlawful, libellous, threatening, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material violating the law. Please note that Actelion will fully cooperate with any court order or law enforcement authorities requesting Actelion to disclose the identity of any person transmitting or posting such material. In addition, Actelion reserves the right to, but is not bound to do so, remove or block any communications or material that it considers to be (i) abusive, obscene, deceptive, misleading, offensive or defamatory, (ii) in violation of any intellectual property right, such as copyrights or trademark, (iii) in violation of any law or regulation, or (iv) otherwise unacceptable to Actelion at its sole discretion.
8. Technical inaccuracies, typographical errors and changesThis website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. Actelion reserves the right to amend, correct and/or improve any information, as well as any products described on this website at any time without notice.
9. DisclaimerEven though Actelion aims to provide accurate and up to date information on the website at any time, you acknowledge that the website is made available “as is”. Actelion does not give any warranty or representation, whether expressly or implied, of any kind related to the content of this website (including, without limitation, text graphics and links). Moreover, Actelion takes no responsibility or liability whatsoever related in any way to your use of this website and its content. Actelion takes no liability for the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, comprehensiveness, usefulness, reliability or timeliness of the content of this Website. Actelion does not give any warranty, whether expressly or implied, that the functions contained in the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes the website available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Actelion reserves the right to interrupt or discontinue any or all of the functionalities of the website, and takes no liability whatsoever for any interruption or discontinuance of any or all of the functionalities of the website. As some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, some of the above-mentioned exclusions may not apply to you.
10. Information provided on Actelion productsInformation provided on this website about Actelion's products is not intended to be a substitute for qualified medical advice. If you are a patient, please contact and notify your physician or medical provider if you are in need of medical advice. Actelion will respond to your physician’s or medical provider’s query. Products information is targeted to a wide range of audiences and may contain information that is not available in your country. Please contact the responsible Actelion affiliate for country specific documents and information.
11. Forward-looking statementSome of the statements on this website are forward-looking. Such statements are by nature subject to certain risks, uncertainties and other factors that may affect actual results, performance or achievements of Actelion and its affiliates to be considerably different from those expected or anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on Actelion’s current expectations and assumptions, which may be influenced by a number of factors. These factors include any failure or delay in Actelion’s ability to develop new products, any failure to receive anticipated regulatory approvals, any problems in commercializing current products due to competition or other factors and government regulations limiting Actelion’s ability to sell its products. Please note that Actelion takes no liability to update the forward-looking statements contained in this website to reflect any events or circumstances occurring after the date of content updates to the website.
12. Applicable law and venueYour use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Switzerland without regard to choice of law provisions. You agree that any disputes and legal proceedings directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this Website shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of the Canton Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland.
ImprintAll material on this website has been carefully verified.
The copyright and ownership of this material reside with:
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Gewerbestrasse 16 CH-4123 Allschwil